Saturday, August 4, 2007

Step two: be emo for a little while.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now the term "emo" has been lambasted and dirtied by small town news broadcasts, jocks and post-emo college students, but I owe it for who I am today. Now emo grabs people at different times. Emo planted a seed in me when I was 15. Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday and The Starting Line nurtured it with soothing vocals of break-ups and bad girlfriends. And it came into full bloom when I finally had the experience all of my favorite bands sang so much about.

I loved the emo inside. It gave me a passion, even if it was kind of fake. I loved driving at night on country roads with the windows down singing at the top of my lungs about "clever cover stories" and "one last gasping breaths." It gave me albums that I long to listen to and will till I die simply to re-live these passions.

So be emo for a little bit. You won't regret it.

No comments: